Covid 19 Protocol update 29/05/2020
We are open for routine dentistry as per government guidelines with a range of new safety protocols in place.
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid 19 in the last 2 weeks?
- Do you have symptoms of Covid 19?
- Have you travelled abroad in the last 2 weeks?
We have instituted a number of changes as a result of Covid 19.
- The number of patients within the practice has been reduced to maintain social distancing in our reception area.So please come at your appointed time alone.
- Please wear a facial covering.
- We prefer card payments
- We will email your receipt with your next appointment time on it.
- If we are running behind time we may call you and ask for you to wait in your car.
- The clinical staff will be wearing specialist PPE and we will be seeing fewer patients.
- During operative dentistry, we will use enhanced barrier methods to reduce any aerosol created and have increased our ventilation within the surgeries. Our cross-infection controls are to the highest standard as prescribed by the Hse and Dental Council.
Extraoral suction: infection control
Extraoral aerosol suction is critical to removing infected aerosols and droplets produced during procedures that require high-speed instruments, such as scaling and drilling.
IQAir extraoral suction air purification systems provide a line of defence against harmful airborne pathogens and infectious material that can threaten the health and safety of patients and staff. When combined with intraoral suction, IQAir extraoral suction air purifiers right at the patient source can reduce aerosol levels, bacterial colonies, and airborne viral particles from dental procedures to almost zero:
Dental Series Pro: Provides exceptional filtration of aerosol particles, bacteria, viruses, mercury vapour, disinfectant smells, and a wide range of VOCs with a HyperHEPA pre-filter and 5 kg of granular impregnated alumina, activated carbon, and impregnated activated carbon